Want to feel good at the end of the day knowing you’ve made a difference? Want to know your production dollars are going toward a good cause instead of into corporate bank accounts? Even better, would you like to live and work on a tropical island in the Caribbean?
Come join our team at the St. Croix Animal Welfare Center, USVI. We are a non-profit shelter for the island with a booming community clinic seeking two veterinarians. Salary $90K-$110K depending on experience. $3K relocation bonus. Health Insurance. Professional dues, CE allowance, paid time off. Will consider 10 month/yr. contracts.
Both positions require adaptable, friendly, self-driven, motivated team leaders. Willingness to help with end of year data/budget and provide a report in area achievements. Articulates staffing and budget needs to Executive Director. Participate in fund-raisers when needed. Spanish a plus. USDA accreditation. Wildlife, exotics, or farm animal experience a plus.
Shelter Veterinarian – Enthusiastic veterinarian needed to help manage shelter medicine programs. Includes:
- Confident surgical skills for high volume spay/neuter; TNVR program; other surgical procedures (enucleations, lumpectomies, amputations, orthopedics);
- Overseeing medical care for shelter animals, community outreach, foster and adoption programs; endorsing health certificates for transport;
- Reviews and updates high standard shelter protocols for preventative medicine and regional health threats;
- Occasionally works in remote areas to reach targeted high need communities.
Community Clinic Veterinarian – Experienced clinician needed to oversee management of the affordable care clinic. This includes:
- Wellness appointments and sick examinations of owned pets;
- Emergencies, dental surgeries;
- Inventory and schedule management;
- Works with clients of variable financial means to offer treatment plans to fit client’s budget;
- Oversees pricing and choice of clinic medications, products, and services;
- Clinic is fully equipped to provide quality medicine (x-ray, ultrasound, IDEXX CBC/Chem, high speed dental unit);
- Ability to offer confident medical and surgical skills in a high paced environment;
- Good record keeping;
- Ability to work with a socioeconomically variable clientele.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com or deliver in person to our 5 Corners Shelter/Clinic location, 1C-1D La Grande Princesse. For more information visit www.StCroixAWC.org.